The Water Tower Clock at Science Works Museum was surveyed for the design of a glass enclosure to placed around the clock after transportation to a new location.
The Water Tower Clock was built for Flinders Street Station in 1882. In 1905 it was moved when works on the Flinders Street Station began, it moved to Princes Bridge Station. In 1911 it moved to Spencer Street and eventually sold to a private collector in 1967. It is now housed at the Science Works Museum where it is be moved once again to Southern Cross Station.